oil for cooking
1 cup zucchini, small dice
1/4 cup yellow onion, small dice
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup tomato, small dice
3-4 leaves basil, fresh, or 1/2 tsp dry
– saute zucchini, onion & pepper for about 2 min
– add garlic & cook about 1 min
– add tomato & cook about 1 min
– add water, bring to simmer, simmer about 10 min, adding basil last 2 min
Note: This recipe is awesome and we’ve used a variety of veggies in it and still it’s great
Hot Fudge Spooncake
(from my sis-in-law, who quotes it from “Ready & Waiting”)
1 & 3/4 cup packed brown sugar, separated
1 cup flour
1/4 cup + 3 tbsp cocoa
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup milk
2 tbsp oil or unsalted, melted butter
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 3/4 cup hot water
– sift flour, 3 tbsp cocoa, baking powder & salt
– stir in 1 cup sugar
– stir in milk, oil & vanilla
– spread in 3 1/2 qt slow cooker (or roughly a 9×9 pan)
– mix together remaining 3/4 cup sugar & 1/4 cup cocoa and sprinkle evenly over top of batter
– pour in the hot water DO NOT STIR
– cover and slow cook until a toothpick inserted 1″ deep in centre comes out clean (approx. 2 hours on high) or 30 minutes @ 350F degrees in oven
– do not cook on low for a longer period of time
Note: ice cream should be mandatory, and this thing is so super easy it should be cemented in some food walk of fame.
Feel free to join along – leave a comment linking to your recipe you’d like to share (with a link back to my blog). I’d love to learn more favourite recipes from others!
Other news: Not much, really. It’s been busy, and this week has been specially hot. Yucky hot. OH! And JK Rowling is making an announcement in less that 7 days *squeal!* very excited. Whatever it is, it’s called Pottermore.
Yup, that’s it. Here’s a photo to commemorate where I’m at.
[singlepic id=1171 w=320 h=240 float=center]
Spencer making another kid cry (it was a playdate).